Monday, November 22, 2004

Stuff I Wish I Could Do Over...

Okay...the vacation has begun. It's pouring rain here in the MetroPlex, foiling my plans for disc golf and softball playoffs and I was wishing the rain wasn't here. For some reason, I started thinking about stuff I'd like to do differently in my life. If somebody says they have no regrets, they're lying. Here's a few things I wish I could do over:

...I wish I'd never hit Sandra Allen in the face with a baseball. Even though it was an accident that happened in fourth grade, she reminded me of it when we were on our senior trip after high school graduation.
...I wish I'd never thrown that rock into Mr. Stokes' birdhouse. I still have no idea why I did it.
...I wish I'd invited my sister to come and visit me at college on football weekends when she was still in high school. I still have no idea why I never did...other than possible contributing to the delinquency of a minor. I'm glad she's a grown-up now so any delinquencies are of our own volition.
...I wish I hadn't spent so much money on my high school girlfriend, my first car's rims/tires/stereo system, and albums.
...I wish I'd taken a look down at those bleachers instead of laser-focus on the fly ball.
...I wish I had been forced to pay for some of my college education. It's hard to take education at a state school/football factory seriously when you're on somebody else's nickel.
...I wish I'd had more sense when planning our wedding. We were too busy listening to older adults, raised in the Deep South, tell us what we could and couldn't do. In retrospect, I'd do everything in a more fun manner, spend money I didn't have on a honeymoon (Tracy and I still haven't had one) to anywhere with a beach, and I'd spend more than I did on an engagement ring (maybe even go into debt a bit and pay it off over time instead of just buying what I could afford).
...I wish I'd kept up with the guys in my wedding after we had kids.
...I wish I'd moved out of Alabama sooner.
...I wish I'd paid more attention to my family while I was in seminary and working two jobs.
...I wish I'd taken more chances when I was in my 20's like my sister did.

So...what do you wish you could do over?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home