Friday, November 26, 2004

A few questions I'd like answered, please...

Are post-Thanksgiving Day sales actually starting on Thanksgiving these days? I don't really mind, but I thought pretty much everything was closed on Thanksgiving.

What's so magical about the 6 hours between 6AM and noon that has everybody in retail so stoked?

Even if it was Ice-T or Darth Vader's voice calling, would anyone really want to have Target give them a wake-up call?

In the newspaper sales stuff, I'll flip entirely through electronics store, toy store and sporting good store flyers, ignoring pretty much everything else. What does this say about me?

Is it possible (or desireable) to get a Thanksgiving dinner with all the trimmings from a restaurant cheaper than doing it yourself? It seemed like an awful lot of work for my wife and her mom for a meal or three or five (we had a lot of leftovers).

Is Thanksgiving becoming a more informal holiday or is it just my family? I remember my grandparents doing fine china and silver when I was a kid, and we just piled it on and watched football. Side question: Since I like our current way better, is this negative in any way?

Why do people in my neighborhood pay folks to decorate their home for the holidays? To me, that's what the Friday after Thanksgiving is for.

Why do I actually feel good about my gluttony on this one day per year?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home