Friday, September 10, 2004

So, Today I'm Thinking...

...that sometimes I go through long funks of haziness with God and come out on the other side with an almost creepy clarity of what He wants for me in my life.
...these last three days have been full of creepy clarity moments.
...that Auburn's football game this weekend is a "trap" (SEC road game against a team that believes in themselves) against a team they should beat and they ought to be wary.
...that polls on the news regarding the presidential race should focus on how those votes affect the electoral college, not the popular vote.
...that I shouldn't expect television news to actually be informative since they're a for-profit business.
...that the lunch I had with my wife yesterday only reinforced my already strong beliefs of how talented she is and how beautiful she is and how much I really do like her as well as love her.
...some teens, no matter what you do, are going to make wrong choices.
...the goal of our instruction is love (which applies to the teacher as well as the student), so you have to tie that in when teens make wrong choices.
...that the show "Joey" is going to real old, real fast.
...it's cool to be working with Nathan and Steve, even though we only started our first day together on Wednesday.
...that I'm glad the NFL and college football seasons have started now that the Rangers have faded from contention for the playoffs.
...some temptations never go away.
...that the best things in life really are free.
...that Rave music is highly underrated by the masses, much like punk was in my day, but man, there's some really good music that grownups will never "get."
...now that my garage is clean, I need to start marathon training again.
...my softall team has a legitimate shot at a championship t-shirt and trophy this fall season.
...that middle school girls over for Kelsey's birthday celebratory sleepover means little sleep tonight.
...my other blog (a devotional Bible study paralelling my high school Bible study, Peripatetics, has an equal number of teens and adults hitting it, and I don't know what that means.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home