Monday, September 13, 2004

I don't mean to go off on a rant, here...but...

I'm crabby today, and Non Sequitur expresses exactly how I feel at the moment (if you're not hitting this site today, you may have to click on the Sept. 13 edition instead of the most recent one).

Here's the stuff that's been annoying me lately that I just gotta get off my chest:

People who cut through parking lots to avoid certain types of traffic patterns. In our community, several churches are located on corner properties. In order to avoid long lines at stop signs or stop lights, they just cut through the church lots to save about 11 seconds of life.

Once again, cell phone users in public. Last night, after church/high school class, our cafe area was littered with people on cell phones. From a committed non-cell phone user, I have to ask what was so freakin' important that couldn't wait until after the baptism service? And, yes, a cell phone went off during that service. And at the restaurant. You could do worse than setting your cell phone under a back tire and rolling over it.

Teenagers who lie to me by intent in order to keep their parents at bay. For some reason, most of my appointments these days have involved teens lying to me, with no desire to really get help, but rather to keep doing what they want and have their parents think they're at least trying spiritually. Listen, I don't mind helping, but if you can't be honest and don't really want help, just go live and deal with the consequences. Don't waste our time together by trying to position yourself in the best light. If you want help, we can do business. Just don't tell lies, okay?

Moms who over-mother their children. They have no idea the long-term harm they are doing by trying to ensure short-term happiness/smooth sailing for their children.

Every time I get close to selling my guitar, the rug gets pulled out from underneath me. Not to mention that the local mega-guitar place doesn't even carry new Fender Jazzmasters anyway so I don't guess it matters.

And that was just from yesterday...

So, today...lawn mowing, frisbee golf, nap, softball game. All of that should erase my crabbiness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home