Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Summer Doldrums
 
Maybe it's because I've spent a bunch of money on plumbing this week.  Maybe it's because the Texas Rangers' starting rotation is starting to crumble and their surprising hold on first place seems shaky.  Maybe it's because my Mom starts radiation and chemotherapy today.  Maybe it's because I'm back in flat, hot Texas after a week in hilly, chilly Colorado.  Maybe it's because the guy didn't get the girl in The Terminal.  Maybe it's because my 20-year high school reunion is this weekend and, combined with an unexplained shoulder pain and that VH-1 has an "I Love the..." for every decade I've lived in, the reality of pushing 40 is staring me in the face.  Maybe it's that every morning for 15 years I've had a morning routine with my black lab and now I don't have that (Lloyd is really trying, though).  Maybe it's because all these teenagers I discipled are coming back from mission trips to Greece and China and all sorts of interesting places that I didn't get to see with them.  Maybe it's because my lawn needs mowing.  Maybe it's that I don't have any new CD's. Maybe it's that the upcoming presidential election seems like much ado about nothing.  Maybe it's because the teenagers I'm spending the most time and energy working with don't seem to be "getting it."  Maybe it's that I haven't had a pity party in a while.  Maybe it's because I'm so busy, or my family's so busy.
 
I don't know. 
 
Definitely, the dog days of summer have hit me hard and nothing seems like very much fun right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home