Friday, February 27, 2004

Fleeing Haiti

I have some friends who live and work in Haiti with our sister church's sponsoring organization. They literally escaped on another organization's DC-3 to get out before the uprising officially becomes a coup d'etat.

Say what you want, but I think the missionary lifestyle truly exemplifies a genuine walk with Christ. Let's be honest: Fleeing and leaving pretty much everything you own behind (with the likely reality that it will be looted before you get back)--which is almost a worst-case scenario for a missionary--beats the heck out of filling out TPS Reports (making sure to use the correct cover sheets) and memos about Red Swingerline staplers.

Walking with Christ may be misunderstood, unconventional, inconvenient, uncomfortable and about 100 other similar adjectives I could throw in here, but I'll take it over a sedate, safe, comfy life...and in my line of work I can use more "good" adjectives than my missionary friends can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home