Sunday, December 14, 2003

Falling Apart At The Seams

Yesterday I officiated the wedding ceremony for some former teenagers that I care about a great deal. Emotionally, I almost came unglued as I was in the middle of it. As I was reading verses that we'd discussed I kept thinking about all the conversations we've had and how they've grown and it was really hard to stay focused.

I have no idea why this is, and why those thoughts go through my head at that time, or if even if I should try to "get over this" whenever I do weddings (much less how I would even begin to try) and what not.

Maybe I'm simply a romantic...but my suspicion is that the intense emotion comes from watching the slow business of spiritual growth and seeing God work in the hearts and minds of these young adults through His Word and the Holy Spirit producing fruit. It's at those "life moments" like a wedding that I'm able to visualize the entire process.

And, as long as I'm still having that emotion, I'm figuring that it's a safe bet to stay in student ministry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home