Thursday, September 04, 2003

Feeling political today...I'm intrigued by the candidacy of John Kerry for president. He seems to be committed to the idea that our current foreign policy is too costly and ineffective to remain viable. He's also into the idea of eliminating our dependence on oil through advancement of other technologies. On the other hand, he could simply be a political blowhard. It's early, but I'm doing my research!

Also feeling ACTIVELY political today. I'm going to vote early in a local referendum. The main issue is the idea of establising a Denton County Transit Authority tasked with tax hikes to develop (in conjunction with a much larger goings on in the DFW municipalities) a public transportation system that works. I doubt seriously that my side will win in light of all the anti-DCTA signs around town, but I'll go be a part of the democratic process.

Sometimes I wonder how I get so far afield from my fellow man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home