Wednesday, September 03, 2003

I really do remember it like it was yesterday.

Nothing wakes you up faster than your wife telling you that her water has broken and contractions are 7 minutes apart and you realize that (despite all the childbirth classes telling you NEVER to go to bed without at least a quarter-tank of gasoline in the vehicle) you needed to get gas while waiting on the doctor to call back. Getting the newspaper out of the bin and folding it carefully, knowing that you'd save it (but not knowing where it would actually BE 12 years later, but it's "around here somewhere"). Then an almost 18 hour labor and delivery in which my wife was in much better shape than I was throughout.

One of the most amazing nights of my life was September 3, 1991. I was holding and rocking a bundled baby girl with a strangely shaped head and having a 3 hour conversation with her while Tracy slept.

My world changed for the better. Happy 12th Birthday, Kelsey! My life is more abundant because you are in it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home