Sunday, August 10, 2003

My friends Laura and James got married yesterday. It reminds me that I have the best of all jobs: To see people grow in their relationship to the Lord and then they haul off and make decisions to live their lives for Him. In some cases, that is a career choice. In others, a summer opportunity. In this case, it was fun to be there knowing that two people are smack dab (Alabama upbringing reminder #374) in the middle of where God wants them to be. I'm a sucker for weddings, anyway. But it's even more fun when you can leave with some surety that God is going to be glorified in their life together...and I definitely got that sense. As an added bonus: They had live steel-drum Calypso music for their reception. If I had a do-over on my reception, I think I'd do away with the fruit and cheese and go with the Blue Man Group.

In other news, I may consider running for governor of California. Or has the deadline passed?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home