Monday, August 04, 2003

Getting in shape. I liked my life better when I simply existed and was in shape. Now, I am a proof-text for the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics.

Resolved: Get in shape. Self-discipline. Better diet. Cardio training. Strength training. Stretching. Like the motivational slogan found on my high school weight room wall: Combine running, weightlifting and stretching IF YOU DARE TO BE GREAT! They stole it from Nebraska's weight room. I would think if you're going to steal a slogan for motivation you'd rather get one a little jazzier...but I don't think football coaches go for jazzy.

Anyway, the nearly 500 miles of training begins today for my most ambitious training project of my life. The Napa Valley Marathon on March 7, 2004. We'll see if "The Non-Runner's Marathon Trainer" was worth the $15.95.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home