Friday, August 08, 2003

Reason #34573 that Hollywood is out of ideas: I heard a radio advertisement this morning for "Evil vs. Evil" and "They've terrorized generations, and now they're terrorizing each other," complete with teenagers screaming "Somebody please wake me up NOW!" The promotion was for the horror movie "Freddy vs. Jason."

Frankly, I think Jason will thrash Freddy.

Obvious irony #1: I might've run out of ideas if this is my blog topic for today.

Actually, I've been thinking about this up-and-coming trend called "Flashmobbing." I think it's a great idea if it's done to prove a point (like in the tobacco commercial when 1,240 people walk up to a tobacco company's building and 1,239 people fall down and act dead and one holds up a sign saying that is how many people die every day from smoking, and "Why not take a day off?")...then it's free speech movement and I'm all about that. I also like the idea of illustrating the absurd by being absurd.

But when it comes down to 300 people showing up in Central Park to make animal noises, it just seems like goofing off, which ain't necessarily all bad, but then it's just bad performance art.

Check your search engine for "flashmob" or go to <"www.cheesebikini.com"> for more info on this trend. I like it's possibilities...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home