Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Four Food Groups Are Candy, Candy Canes, Candy Corn, and Syrup

Yep.

After a nice lunch downloading my vacation thoughts and experiences to my wife...

...and getting my luggage out of the trunk...

...and walking up the sidewalk...

...I noticed that, while I was gone on vacation, my wife and Kid2 had decorated the entire inside of the house for Christmas.

Long-time Diner readers will remember that I have a strict "Friday After Thanksgiving Policy" regarding Christmas decor which I have lovingly yet rigidly reinforced annually in the McKinney household. And, even then I viewed that as a concession to the "Eddie McKinney Christmas Decor Manifesto" (enforced in my childhood home) was two weeks before Christmas with a day-after takedown.

The "McKinney Women's 2010 Addendum" apparently states when the author of the standing policy leaves the state in November, any and all Christmas decor decisions will be left up to whomever locks the front doors at night. It also states that the original decree remains in effect regarding any and all outside decorations.

That's right. Our inner house is ready for Christmas two weeks before Thanksgiving. (And, secretly, I'm happy that they're so happy about it all)

Fa la la la la, la la la la, everybody!

2 Comments:

Blogger Free and Living said...

Ha ha. Read Krisy Alpert's blog! Maybe it was the Alpert/McKinney Women's 2010 Addendum?

1:35 PM  
Blogger Schweers' Mom said...

This is HILARIOUS! You go, Tracy and Shelby!!!

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home