Wednesday, November 17, 2010

I Can't Take The Books Back To Powell's When I'm Finished If They're On A Kindle

Portland Vacation Wrap-Up:

Spent the last day sleeping in...well, sleeping in for me, which is like 8:30am. Journaled for about an hour and a half sitting outside on an overcast day with a slight chill in the air...

...so, yes, there was a lot on my mind and a lot of things to think through and deal with...

...which is something that may not have been communicated in the earlier entries, which are more like travel logs.

There were some provocative things going on in my brain after the sermon.
There were some provocative things going on in my brain after my conversations with friends.
There were some provocative things going on in my brain after digesting the books I read.
There were some provocative things going on in in my brain in general.

And, no, you won't be getting any information on that right now.

But it was 6 days of sightseeing and visiting old friends with a lot of time to put my thoughts and such on paper. Organize them. Deal with them, etc.

And I finished up the last day by popping in on my friends and saying goodbye.

And doing laundry. Turns out that I can pack perfectly for 6 days in a carry-on, but had to do laundry for that last day, and, as an added bonus, came home with pretty much all my clothes clean! Nice.

And, even nicer, got to spend a couple of hours with Steve-O and Mish to sort of bring the vacation to a nice ending point. Good conversation, good laughs and good beer.

Yesterday was just flight time back. I will say this, though: The regional airlines get some sorry terminal placement at major airports. No frills anywhere at anytime in Dallas or Denver.

Overall it was a fantastic vacation...and manalive, for a myriad of reasons, I really dig Portland.

1 Comments:

Blogger Free and Living said...

And Portland digs you!

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home