Saturday, February 21, 2009

It's Been Too Long Since I've Seen My Nieces

Margaux update:



Man, I really miss that kid.

Katelyn update (with my daughter Shelby on the left):



Man, I really miss that kid.

What I'm doing today: Yardwork. Yes. It's February 21. Yes. It actually needs to be done. Today. Dangit, Texas. You didn't even get cold enough to kill the bugs this year.

What I'd rather do today: Hang out with Margaux, watching Sesame Street. And introducing her to Bugs Bunny cartoons. And read lots of Dr. Suess. Munching on Goldfish out of a cup while we do that. And getting her a banana split, which she will only eat three bites of and I can have the rest of hers in addition to the one I got for myself. And nap together. And play Legos.

Or: Hang out with Katelyn, watching Backyardigans. And introducing her to Bugs Bunny Cartoons. Go to a movie together. Eat Puppy Chow that we made together at her grandparents house. And getting her a banana split, which she will eat 8 bites of and I can have the rest of hers in addition to the one I got for myself. And get out my electric guitar & amp and let her strum and sing and play with all the effects until somebody makes us put on the headphones.

Man, I really miss those kids.

Man, some days I really don't like it that there's a significant river or mountain range between where I am and where they are.

Dangit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home