Monday, February 16, 2009

Monday Morning Update

The weekend that was: It was rushed. Tracy had a quick business trip where I picked her up from the airport around 9PM Friday...between work, working out and picking her up all just shot Friday. I watched the end of a good hockey game and went to bed. Saturday was Valentine's Day (I still do a little something for ALL my girls) and Tracy worked all day, Kelsey had a practice test in Dallas for advanced placement credits so I had a quiet morning of working out and Tracy and caught a movie that night. Yesterday was my birthday...and when you're a grown-up, well, they aren't fun-filled like when you're 9 and got to go bowling with your friends. Plus, Sundays are my busiest work days. It's nice, though, in a Facebook world--which, if you didn't know, they have a feature that lets everybody you're friends with know it's your birthday--and a world in which the teaching pastor let it be known from the pulpit, that so many people take the time to wish you a happy birthday. Shouts out to the higher-order life-liver sister Jilly and Barnstorming brother-in-law Shane for the subscription renewal to Rolling Stone and a subscription to the Sunday edition of The New York Times--the high holy grail of newspapers conveniently delivered in the same package as my normal Sunday paper. I now have a MAJOR decompression hour set aside for Monday mornings! Shelby returned from a visit with her grandparents yesterday which involved their news that they're giving her their old car, so she was thrilled (and we're happy for her, too)!

Where i am at the moment: Well, I'm feeling good. Two weeks of consistent diet and exercise can do wonders for all sorts of aches and pains, plus the decaffeinated lifestyle leads to better sleep patterns. Spiritually, I'm in one of those places that just "is." Not too high, not too low. Mentally, I'm picking myself up off the deck some days. Lots of stuff beyond my control (like everybody else in this economy) gets my mind going in all sorts of directions.

On my to-do list this week: Gonna make sure that Charlie is all set for the big middle school ministry event this weekend. Gotta get ahead on some things at work as I'll be taking an extra day off next week.

Procrastinating about: I thought we'd at least have one more really cold snap here in North Texas, but it looks like spring has sprung. I was using that as my excuse not to do yardwork. I need to trim the crepe myrtles, some bushes back, and do that first mow of spring.

Book I'm in the midst of: "God in the Dock" by C.S. Lewis. One of those reads I always meant to get around to and never did. So, it got moved to the top of the stack. I imagine my book-finishing pace will pick up when I stop reading this "heady" stuff and get back to more leisurely paced armchair stuff.

Music that seemed to catch my attention this past week: Nothing really. It's a lull period for music releases, and I've got this loaner car (we're finally getting our vehicles repaired from LAST spring's hail damage--as my wife said, "Just in time for THIS year's hail storms.") and the CD player doesn't work. It's been a sports-talk radio week.

Next trip: Vegas on Sunday! I've never been, so I'm kind of excited about it.

How i’m feeling about this week: Slightly pensive. No, I don't want to elaborate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home