Monday, January 12, 2009

Cruisin' and Playin' the Radio, With No Particular Place to Go

Not much going on in the brain, but a few things to clear out...

If you're one of those folks who wants to get on a good reading plan but find those "through the Bible in a year" reading plans too demanding, here's a two-year plan that seems a bit more manageable to me.

If you one of those parents that feels like childhood has become overmanaged and overscheduled, I came across the blog of Lenore Skenazy. She's the author of a book (GREAT title, if you're asking) called "Free Range Kids: Giving our kids the freedom we had without going nuts with worry." She also refers to herself as "the world's worst mom," which I'm sure she's heard plenty from helicopter parents. Her book has become a for-sure pick-up next time I'm in a bookstore.

Yeah, lots of people knock Saturday Night Live's new cast & writers, but, frankly, sometimes they hit pure genius. While this may not have you holding your sides with laughter...there are a few LOL moments. But this sketch is what the original SNL writers tried to do: Go for smart and funny happens. This is truly smart comedy, and his comment about "Stomp" was my favorite LOL moment (one definite PG-13 moment, so beware):



The Golden Globes got it right: Slumdog Millionaire for best picture. I haven't seen Revolutionary Road, so I can't speak to Kate Winslet's win for best actress, but Anne Hathaway was the best actress I saw all year in Rachel Getting Married.

Well, that's all I've got for today, kids. I think the mentholyptus has fried my brain...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home