Sunday, January 11, 2009

Maybe It's The NyQuil Talking...

...but there were some strange components to my dream last night. Among them:

1. People kept asking me how I had four tickets to the Lee Greenwood concert. I couldn't explain. Apparently, they simply showed up on my dresser.
2. I accidentally overfilled not one, but two, bathtubs. You know, I'd left the water running, went to do something else and when I came back, the first one was overflowing. While Tracy was helping contain the damage to the first one, I apparently wanted to take a bath because I did the same thing to the other bathtub in our house.
3. There were two guest appearances by people from my past who I felt I've been wronged by. They said nothing, just waved from a distance. One shook my hand when I offered it to him. I made no offer to the other, but waved back.
4. A very popular student at a local university had left school for some reason and it seemed to cause turmoil at the school. I resembled the student, apparently, because the news media there to cover the story (must've been a scandal of sorts) kept wanting to interview me about it. The media would go away when I showed them my driver's license.
5. Two friends of mine opened a restaurant in Dallas and I went to the grand opening. It was Polynesian food, and I was impressed that they'd had a bar of chargers for people's cell phones, video cameras & digital cameras. I was also very concerned about my ability to get on the DART light rail line that would take me back to my car.
6. At the end of the dream, I gave away the Lee Greenwood tickets to random people in the restaurant. Three of them, anyway. I was stuck with the extra, and they wouldn't take it with them.

Either this has tremendous symbolic significance, or I need to stop saving a few pennies by using the "Equate" version of NyQuil. While I lean toward the latter, feel free to chime in if you can be of any help in interpretation!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home