Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Hump Day?

I've been chastised at work about not taking my vacation days, "spiritual refreshment days" and my Mondays. See, because Monday is my off-day, I can "lose" those holidays that fall on a Monday. Like Memorial Day or Labor Day. You get what I'm saying, right? Normally, I stockpile those, forget about them, and then the end of the year rolls around and I wind up never taking them.

I'm not alone in this. I wonder what it is about where I work that leads to (but certainly discourages) workaholic tendencies. All the folks I work with have similar stories.

Anyway, they started encouraging us to take the Monday days we normally stockpile in the week that we have the Monday. I have a busy rest of the week...

...but I'm taking today off.

It feels peculiar...and I'm not exactly sure what to do with it all.

But I know that a nap will be involved and the Rangers play a day game at 11:40AM. Outside of that, I'm open for suggestions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home