Saturday, May 24, 2008

But Still The Dreams Come...

More often than not, I have no recollection of my dreams once morning rolls around. I don't remember what happened or if they were in color or not or anything. Nothing. But somebody told me that you always have them.

Anyway, when I do remember my dreams I like to go to the dream interpretation site "www.dreammoods.com." Don't get me wrong, here, folks. I don't take it any more seriously than the newspaper horoscope obtuse or when the folks at Starbucks tell me I can get my personal tea-leaf reading at "tazo.com." It's pretty much a time-waste.

So, today I remembered a snippet from my dream. Tracy and I were house-hunting in another subdivision in our town (which is peculiar because that last thing I want is a bigger house & yard. I'm looking to downsize ASAP, man. The less upkeep, the better if you ask me)--I know it was our town because the realtor asked us why we were looking for a house so close to our current one--but the house was pretty much in "normal" open house mode. It wasn't run-down or immaculate. It was just a normal house in a normal subdivision. I remember thinking we'd have to get them to come way down off the asking price, though. It was too pricey for what we could afford.

And the house was equipped with two of those really cool stainless-steel refrigerators in the kitchen. Both closed, but they looked really cool, man.

So, here's what the folks at dreammoods have as their basic interpretation:

"Dreams relating to a house often refers to various aspects of the Self. When trying to analyze the house in your dream, consider also how the house is kept and the condition of it. The rooms in the house relates to facets of your personality.

To see a house in your dream, represents your own soul and self. Specific rooms in the house indicate a specific aspect of your psyche. In general, the attic represents your intellect, the basement represents the unconscious, etc.

Alternatively, the old house may symbolize your need to update your mode of thinking.

To see a kitchen in your dream, signifies your need for warmth and spiritual nourishment. It may also be symbolic of the nurturing mother. Alternatively the kitchen, represents a transformation.

To see or open a refrigerator in your dream, represents your chilling personality and/or cold emotions. The dream may also be telling you need to put some goal, plan, or situation on hold. Alternatively, it signifies that you have found and accomplished what you have been unconsciously seeking."


Okay, patrons. What do you think my dreams are trying to tell me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home