Saturday, June 02, 2007

Hmmmmmm

It's June 2.

It's raining a lot and hasn't been unbearably hot yet.
The girls next door haven't had a sidewalk chalk marathon.
The movies I've been seeing aren't really any good.
I've been spending more time than usual at malls these days.
I'm not going to Mexico with the student ministry.
I haven't been reading much.
Nobody's complained of excess boredom.
The local baseball team is quite literally one of the worst in the Major Leagues.
Not many barbecues being smelled in the neighborhood in the early evening.
No hammock time to speak of.
The dog hasn't had his summer "do" yet.
Haven't been to a wedding in a while.
I don't have any vacation time scheduled, although all my girls either do or will in the next week.
There still seems to be plenty of activity in the local high schools & junior highs when you drive by them.
Our church's attendance hasn't gone through the normal summer warps and woofs.
No Dallas Cowboy has gotten arrested.
I haven't been disc golfing yet.
I haven't busted out the swimsuit. (I don't swim, but I stand near pools on occasion)
I haven't thought about cutting my hair because it's so stinkin' hot.
I'm still watching TiVo'd shows, so I haven't noticed all the summer re-runs.

Hmmmmmm.

It simply doesn't seem like summer yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home