Thursday, February 01, 2007

So, Today I'm Thinking

...that if you remember when I said I was going to try and give more "professional" writing of essays and poems and stuff like that at The Diner you'll notice that I haven't followed through with that. That should change with tomorrow's entry. Just remember that first drafts of anything are just that, intended to elicit constructive criticism (or I'd just keep it in my journal), so feel free to comment.
...that talking to the Mothers Of Pre-Schoolers meeting at our church yesterday was the first time that anyone's asked me to continue the talk instead of going to their small groups. I don't know how I feel about that.
...that times are actually pretty exciting at our church these days. It's a "good busy" for those of us on staff.
...that the Rangers signing of Sammy Sosa to a minor-league contract is good business in that it is low-risk, but extremely high reward and upside if he can make the big-league team.
...the reaction to our 5 O'Clock Worship has generally been very positive, and the "negatives" have been truly constructive in nature. People seem to "get" that its not going to be the same every week and there's something for everybody. This week's should be good, too, and I think it'd be fun for our church family to watch the Super Bowl together afterward, too. But what do I know?
...some people have no idea of the hurt they've caused others.
...I like having friends all over the country. One of the perks of working with teens in the DFW area as most tend to go away to college or military stuff. Growing up in Alabama is much more parochial.
...that watching teenagers grow and learn humility is encouraging, even if you're bummed they made unwise choices. David made unwise choices, and I'd imagine if he'd had a youth pastor who read Psalm 51 after he wrote it, well, his youth pastor would've been encouraged by that.
...I've got friends who are off to Africa today. Apparently, this involves 18 hours of flight time (maybe more) and they've got coach-class seats. The most I've ever spent in the air is around 9 hours and that flight was getting REAL old by that time.
...I still think it's funny when people who play World of Warcraft set up times to meet their friends on-line to play and get mad when you refer to that as them setting up "play dates."
...Auburn's basketball team is leading the SEC West. It won't last, but even if they lost all their remaining games, they'd already have that program pionting in the right direction.
...that it's February already?
...those folks who say that they don't think I could do the long stretches of bad weather in the PacNW haven't seen me thrive in the recent stretch of cold, drizzly DFW climate.
...I've got nothing tonight once I get off work, so I'm all about the fireplace.
...how long has it been since I told everybody how much I enjoy watching the fruit of the minisry of Pine Cove Christian Camps? It's nice to know that once they leave my ministry, the teens are in good hands for building on the foundation they got through our church.
...that if you haven't seen the Pierced & Tattooed Kristen's blogs lately, you're missing a very good example of creativity in blogging. Just click on the photo to access the library and make comments. She's very talented and I'm glad I know her.
...Lloyd achieves new levels of "Great Dog" status like black-belts get higher degrees. Just when you think he can't get better, he ratchets up.
...when your teens want something badly (not material things, mind you), you find yourself pulling for them as people, not as your children.
...that I went January soda-free. I don't think I've gone a month without a soda in over 30 years. I've also got a weigh-in as I've been watching my diet more, too. Sleeping better. Next up: Fitness regime! Joyce: Little help?
...that I need to get to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home