Sunday, January 28, 2007

Well, I Wasn't Going To Say Anything, But Since She Sent Out a MySpace Bulletin...

Last night, my cell phone rings. It's the "Hey Ya!" ringtone that lets me know when Kristy the Assistant is calling...being Saturday night and we have a big day tomorrow with our student ministry, I figure I'd better get it.

A little background: I've had three people in the last three days question me about things I never said. One of them was on this blog...so I'm a little on edge when the conversation begins with, "Hey, Brent. It's Kristy. Yeah, I heard you're tired of doing weddings, is that true?"

In my brain: "No, I'm not...and why don't people listen to me. I didn't go to the wedding of a former student last night because I had other family responsibilities, not because I'm not doing student's weddings anymore." Out of my mouth, "No, Kristy. I'm good with weddings."

From her: "Well, I'm really glad to hear that. Wanna do mine?!"

We went through the excitement of the moment and all that jazz. It was fun, and then she was off to tell others their happy news.

And, yes, Kristy. I do indeed want to do yours. Having a front row seat watching God work in and through you since I've known you for the last decade, well, having the very best seat in the house on your wedding day will do quite nicely.

And, yes, Marky Mark, I'm glad to be a part of it. Having been there as you were the star witness in a Jehu trial, and being there for both The Hammer and The Flying Squirrel, in addition to watching God work in and through you since I've known you for the last decade, well, having the best seat in the house on YOUR wedding day will do quite nicely, too.

But make no mistake about it: Kristy, you have chosen well, grasshoppah. And, Marky Mark, you are marrying WAY above your head...but you already knew that.

And, I'm happy beyond words. Congratulations Kristy and Mark. Congratulations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home