Saturday, January 27, 2007

YAGP

It's the big day.

My wife and daughter have been boarders in my house as of late. Practice.

Practice.

Practice.

Practice.

Practice.

And then more practice.

Costumes.

Fittings.

More fittings.

More practice.

More practice.

Sleep.

Eat.

More practice.

And today, for about a grand total of 10 minutes, my daughter will be on stage.

Awards are at stake in the regional competition. New York for those that score high enough. Dancers from several states are here for this. Scholarships to ballet schools are afoot as well.

But I'm learning something about Kid2: She's really looking forward to those 10 minutes for none of those reasons, but rather because she loves what she does and it's a chance for the dancer's payoff. Applause of appreciation for their inspiration and expression, and the reality of hard work really paying off.

And I'll be there. Not catching the subtle nuances of the dance, but rather watching her face and eyes. That will make it all worth it for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home