Thursday, September 14, 2006

Ten Things I'm Glad I Did

So I've been having writer's block. Big time. I don't know if it's because I've started blogging at night or what. But I've got it. Big time.

And, when this happens, I just go to the old creativity portal and get some blog prompts. The one that came up tonight was to make a list of 10 things you're glad you did...

...so, I'm glad I...

1. Married Tracy. Enough said.
2. Graduated from university and seminary with okay grades (university) and great grades (seminary)...and that Auburn was my choice for college.
3. Moved to Dallas...even though Alabama was great for childhood, I've always been a metropolitan kind of guy.
4. Took the Crossroads job. It showed me that healthy churches with growing Christians and authentic leadership actually exist.
5. Have dogs as pets instead of cats or birds or hamsters. Dogs rule.
6. Spent time at Trinity Life Church, because I've seen more long-term fruit per capita in students that ministry and there was not a minute that was wasted, even if that fruit came at great personal trials.
7. Have a great relationship with my higher-order life-liver sister Jilly. I don't know of anybody smarter and funnier and more interesting than she is, and I'm glad we're related.
8. Chose to listen to alternative music and have my life's soundtrack wind up WAY better than if I'd listened to what MTV and radio gave us in the high school driving-around-years.
9. Got my tattoos and might even get another. There's a cross I've been meaning to get.
10. Worked to have a good relationship with my girls. I don't think I'll regret one minute of that, and I've enjoyed every stage of their growth as people. It's cool being their dad.

What're some things you're glad YOU did?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home