Monday, July 03, 2006

So, Today I'm Thinking...

...that grief is a strange animal, sleeping when it should be awake and awake when it should be sleeping.
...that rest is a terribly undervalued trait and we Americans don't do it very well.
...that my hometown Rangers are beginning their summer swoon, but I don't put much stock in the "pitching-staff-can't-handle-the-Texas-heat" theory because I tend to put a lot of stock in the "we-only-have-one-true-"Ace"-and-he-can't-pitch-at-The-Ballpark" theory.
...the teaching of "grace" as a lifestyle (as opposed to "law") might just be the most misunderstood teaching around, causing other Christians to throttle their straw-men when they should be listening more intently.
...that I don't like the comment that one of the reasons America doesn't do well in World Cup play is because we haven't learned to fake falling/injuries well enough to get referees to call fouls. Since when did that become an integral part of the game?
...I'm not much for the crowds that July 4 events tend to draw, but I like the hulaballoo the crowds are there for: The concerts, parades, the hot dogs, the fireworks displays with Sousa marches, etc. What's the phrase? "I don't like crowds, but I like gatherings."
...Tracy and I might take in four movies this week because we have a year-long pass good for any movie, any time, so shouts out to AMC Theatres and my friend Mike for the hook-up on that deal! I want to see Cars, Click, & The Pirates movie on Friday, and Tracy wants to see those plus The Devil Wears Prada, which looks funny, too.
...I absolutley MUST mow my lawn today (it's been neglected with all the family goings-on) but it actually drizzled rain a bit here in North Texas last night, but it doesn't look too prohibitive.
...I want to watch the 2nd season of Arrested Development, so, Big Nate or Steve-O, could you be so kind as to DVD me?
...that we have to run Kelsey's iPod Mini by the Apple store today to see why it won't work correctly, and that is one of the coolest stores ever with all the creative stuff for Macs and iPod gadgetry and such, so I'm pretty excited about it.
...I leave for Holland in 8 days and a wake-up, and there's so much to do. Like my lawn, the team I assembled to go has been neglected with all my family goings-on.
...the more I see MySpace, the less I like it.
...that I don't understand golf and/or golfers & that whole subculture. It seems like so much money and time to invest to conquer it. I can get frustrated for a lot less investment.
...my diet has been blown in spades.
...that I'm glad my higher-order life-liver sister Jilly and my Barnstorming brother-in-law Shane are back in the Bay Area. It must've been nice sleeping in their own beds after doing so much for my Mom over the last few months.
...I'm really missing my kids who are still in Alabama: Kelsey vacationing with family and Shelby dancing and doing well at her summer intensive.
...I've stalled long enough so I need to go mow the grass.
...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home