Thursday, May 04, 2006

So, Today I'm Thinking...

...that I'd like to have a t-shirt making machine of my very own so I could print simple sayings on my shirts to provoke thought every day in those around me.
...that I really want to hear Pearl Jam's new CD, not to mention Neil Young's new anti-war protest (notably different than anti-troops, mind you) CD. He's at his best when he's got a cause.
...I've got a DVD we rented about two months ago that we haven't returned. Blockbuster's "no late fee" policy has only made me lazy.
...130 people are going to Mexico on our mission trip. Most people say, "That's awesome." But they don't have to get hotel rooms, bus seats or water (which I learned weighs 8 pounds per gallon), food, tents, etc. across the boarder to let them camp out for a week.
...The Rangers are in first place, which excites me.
...The Stars (along with all the top seeds in the Western Conference) got upset in the first round, which kinda bums me out.
...The Mavericks look great but I couldn't care less about the NBA.
...that my friend Chip has this computer program that will transfer cassette tape to Mp3 format. The problem is that his way takes about an hour per song, but he offered to do 3 tapes for me. I chose Urge Overkill's "Saturation," Jason & the Nashville Scorchers "Lost & Found" (which they never released on CD) and the Pretenders "Learning to Crawl." If they ever speed that process up and I can load all my high school Heavy Metal onto the iPod, I might fill it up.
...that I should try to go a day without mentioning my iPod in my blog.
...that my senior guys Bible study this year has been one of the most enjoyable ever, and it was kinda sad last night finishing up our last "study" together.
...I'm reading more these days, which is good for me. I think that's my drug of choice.
...that I wish MySpace hadn't been taken over by the teen world. I don't like how it's so graphic and photo intensive that teens don't write like they did when most of them were blogging. They just take pictures and post them, rather than writing ideas to provoke, provide insight, of just get to know them a little bit.
...that I'm pretty pumped that I get to teach middle school Sunday School this Sunday. I felt like a big-shot when I got asked.
...diet, garage, children's book blah blah blah blah blah.
...in my line of work I hear a lot of "human" stories that will tear your heart out, and if I were to list the stories from just yesterday here, well, suffice to say there's an awful lot of "hurt" out there. Real hurt.
...there's another side to that coin, too. Joy. Real joy. The highs of my work seem very high and the lows seem very low.
...that I'm glad my higher-order life-liver sister Jilly's dog passed his entrance exam to get into obedience school. There were doubts.
...that I'm glad I started going to coffee with my daughters once per week when they were little. The theory was that if I had time for coffee with teenagers then I had time for coffee with them...and now they look foward to it.
...that it's time to go to coffee with Shelby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home