Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Oh Them Lions They Can Eat My Body But They Can't Swallow My Soul No No No No

My senior pastor came in the office yesterday and asked me a question: "Hey...when are we going to have those guys Lost and Found back? They haven't been here in a while, have they?"

We're in the throes of next year's planning so we should be able to get that done...

...but I can't tell you how cool it is to have a Senior Pastor who likes them. They're sorta the "Viloent Femmes" of the "Christian Music World"--you know, that band that is well-liked and well-recieved and writes good songs, but most people don't "get." I'm glad he "gets" them. And so do lots of people in our church.

And, I clued him on on September 25th in our coffee shop...We got the "Neil Young" of the "Christian Music World"--you know, the guy that gets under everyone's skin by writing songs poke holes in our conscience and tells us what we don't like to hear. Our youth staff "gets" him...but only 200 people in our church will get the opportunity.

Pastor Tim wants to borrow a CD of his.

*like Flounder in Animal house, rubbing hands together excitedly: "Oh, boy! Is this great?!"*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home