Tuesday, February 14, 2006

A Valentine's Day Reality

Love is patient.
Love is kind.
It does not envy.
It does not boast.
It is not proud.
It is not rude.
It is not self-seeking.
It is not easily angered.
It keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects.
It always trust.
It always hopes.
It always perseveres.
Love never fails.

Which is a good thing...because, sometimes...

I'm impatient.
I'm unkind.
I'm jealous.
I'm arrogant.
I'm rude.
I look out for me and me only.
I'm angry at the drop of a hat.
I bear a grudge.
I'm happy when bad things happen to bad people.
I cower.
I doubt.
I lose hope.
I give up.
I fail.

And she loves me anyway.

And they love me anyway.

And my God loves me anyway.

I know, in all those cases, what it's like to be loved more than I have loved.

And, today, for all of their unmerited favor (which the locals call "grace"), I am truly thankful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home