Thursday, February 09, 2006

Reason #34,569 I Like Working With Teenagers

Yesterday I got a phone call about one of my former students who has been accepted to serve as a camp counselor at Pine Cove this summer.

Another one told me about his chance to serve at that same camp in their pretty exclusive training program called Young Guns that he recently found out about.

Another one volunteered to serve in an outreach to a local senior citizens home that could use some teenage help.

I read another's blog and she's going to serve at a summer camp, too.

I also found out by blog that still another is going to work there this summer, too, returning to work with her friend who's already worked there for two summers.

I also read yet another blog that another former student who is going to be working at Kanakkuk Camp this summer, and the issue is not "if" but "how many sessions."

This is in addition to the more than 100 students we'll take to Mexico to build 6 homes in 3.5 days as well as the 12 we'll be taking to Holland.

And it doesn't count the total number serving faithfully each and every Tuesday night to make our middle school program work. Nor the former students serving in my high school ministry.

Or the former students I've hired and/or working with to get them hired.

It's really a pretty cool job, all things considered.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home