Saturday, October 01, 2005

Five on The First

A while ago, I stole something from another blog that just asked five questions on the first of every month so the author could get to know his readership. Being a big fan of "community," I thought it was a good idea so I stole it. Anyway, here's the question for this month from The Diner:

Who are the top 5 people in history you wish you could've been at their side with as they were in the heyday of whatver it was they did? (I'll leave out Jesus Christ as it's a painfully predictable answer)

1. Thomas Jefferson. How cool would it've been to sit at his home in Virginia and witnessed all that?
2. Martin Luther King, Jr. A true American hero in every sense of the word...and I would've loved seeing those ideas affect the masses.
3. Martin Luther. Although I can't imagine I'd enjoy being around his borderline madness and his illnesses, it would've been so exciting to see Scripture come alive in ways it never did before and be around his passion.
4. Thomas Edison. What do you think every day was like around his house?
5. The Ramones in the CBGB days. By the time all that alternative music--and the various clothing styles--got to Alabama (pre-MTV days) it was a fad instead of a movement. It changed everything in music, which has ripples to young people even today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home