Sunday, July 24, 2005

So, Today I'm Thinking...

...the longer I live here, the more I loathe the summer heat/drought.
...my entire music library (some 2,000 songs) takes up less than 25% of my iPod's disk drive, and it could play music for over 3 days straight and never repeat a song.
...we have short summers in our school district but yet most parents are ready for their kids to start school already.
...most kids aren't ready to start and never really got any rest.
...my dog Lloyd continues to crack me up with his over-the-top laziness that he overcomes by sheer charm.
...that I'm glad the National Hockey League got it's labor problem rectified, but I'm one of the few who cares.
...Lance Armstrong's accomplishment of winning the Tour de France for the 7th time is embarrasingly underrated by Americans.
...it's time to get back in shape, and me and a friend will start training for the White Rock half-marathon (in December) this week.
...I'd like to run the Napa full marathon next April, but I don't know if my body can take it since I fell apart when training runs got to 17 miles last time I trained.
...that I love seeing long-term investments of my ministry (last night, I saw someone I discipled 15 years ago perform a set of stand-up comedy that honors Him--and is still funny to anyone--at the Improv here) and am encouraged to see where some of those kids are with Christ these days.
...I have been taking a break from teaching this summer and I'm pretty much ready to dive back into it.
...I need to create a "space of my own" to write as kitchen tables or recliner don't give me that "serious work" mindset I think I might need.
...that it's time to go to work today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home