Wednesday, July 20, 2005

I Know Who Dies In Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince

Get this: My oldest daughter and I headed off to purchase the new Harry Potter release last Saturday morning at 9AM. My sister reserved her a copy since we were trying to conserve energy by going to bed at a decent hour--rather than hanging out until 2AM with the crowds trying to get it first--with all the wedding stuff going on. So, we slept in and picked it up with no hassle. They threw in some fake Harry Potter glasses and a green wrist bracelet with the release date on it and a poster left over from the party, too. So we got all the benefits plus we slept late.

Anyway, she couldn't read anything much on that Saturday as when we got ready and headed off to the wedding site. She was able to squeeze in two chapters before we made her go to sleep to rest for the big wedding day the next day.

Sunday she couldn't start reading until after the wedding. We got home at 6:30PM, went to dinner after about an hour of reading. She went to bed at a decent hour.

She read all day Monday and finished the book at 7:30 PM just as our flight was landing. She told me who died, and said the book was very good.

And I thought I was a voracious reader.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home