Thursday, April 14, 2005

Reading For The Average Joe

Somebody asked me what books would I recommend "for the average Joe" that would stretch their thinking from the beaten-path, run-of-the-mill Christian Junkstore reading.

Even though I consider myself an average Joe, I gave it a lot of thought based on what I thought he meant by that term.

With that in mind, here's my 2005 Official Summer "spiritual" off-the-beaten-path, run-of-the-mill Christian Junkstore summer reading list for the average Joe(in no particular order):

Traveling Mercies by Anne Lamott
Messy Spirituality by Mike Yaconelli
The Challenge of Jesus by Tom Wright
The Vision and The Vow by Pete Greig
Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller
Subversive Spirituality by Eugene Peterson
RealLivePreacher.Com by Gordon Atkinson

If you read all those from now until August, you'll be wonderfully uncomfortable and your walk will be more authentic. I promise.

From one average Joe to another, what did I miss?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home