Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Stuff I Wrote Down Yesterday

The idea and romance of camping are better than the reality of it.

If you know of anyone who ever refers to themselves as "The Angel of Death" please intervene.

Starvation is a horrible way to die.

Christians picketing an IMAX film that promotes Darwinism is one of the more anemic uses of the Bill of Rights I've ever seen.

Granted, I'm an art idiot, but I don't see how a 100-foot pole with 7 fiberglass people walking up it is "great art."

No Limit Texas Hold 'Em is taking over.

An acquaintence of mine was on a show called Biker Build-Off and when his team completed an absolutely beautiful custom motorcycle, his excited comments when they showed the bike got "bleeped" and I thought that was both genuine (if you know the guy) and funny (because I'd love to get bleeped on a tv show if it was genuine).

Our society values order more than free expression.

God has my attention in spades right now, and I'm learning a great deal about patience...it's like God tapped me on the shoulder to tell me something and then wanted to measure His words so I'm standing awkwardly, waiting.

I heard somebody say we ought to do a study on the correlation of energy & resources put into the wedding day and the success of those marriages. I wonder what that'd reveal. In my experience thus far, no one's been divorced that I've done the ceremony, but no one's really done a huge wedding, either.

My friend Becca might be the funniest person I've ever met...although she might be in a tie for first with my friend Matt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home