Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Maybe It's Just My Punk Rock Sensibilities

"And all that I command you, you shall speak
Do not be afraid of them,
For I am with you to deliver you," declares the Lord.

Then the Lord stretched out His hand and touched my mouth, and the Lord said to me, "See, I have appointed you this day over the nations and over the kingdoms,
To pluck up and to break down,
To destroy and to overthrow,
To build and to plant."

Jeremiah 1: 7b-10.

Make no mistake. I am not so bold as to claim that the Lord has appointed me over nations and kingdoms. I used this section to highlight that I identify with Jeremiah a great deal at present.

I can't sleep.
My day off was spent resting and praying (although I did work out and run an errand)...and still the thoughts of changing the status quo are buzzing round the clock.
I wish I could turn this off. I really do.
I wonder if this is how Johnny "Rotten" Lydon felt at any point.

But enough really is enough. Something has to be done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home