Wednesday, February 23, 2005

So, Today I'm Thinking...

...that standardized testing in our community is a waste of time as almost all the students not only pass the test, but make a perfect score on it.
...that my daughters are more worried about what book to bring to read than the tests themselves.
...that Shelby takes it seriously when her teachers tell her to get a good night's sleep and eat eggs as brain food.
...that my daughter Kelsey made the track team and is running in the hurdles.
...that science fair projects are actually pretty fun when you watch them from a parent's perspective.
...that I'm looking forward to our staff retreat over the next three days since all our wives get to come on this one.
...that my college football team has to settle on a quarterback for the upcoming season.
...that not everyone gets Kurt Vonnegut, but he's brilliant and I enjoy reading every word he writes.
...that the world would be a better place with more a more moderate diet of television, cell phones that take pictures, and the Internet.
...that one of my teenagers was interviewed in the Dallas Morning News "snapshot" of a teen you should know today and answered the question, "If I had a million dollars..." with "I'd give some to Crossroads Bible Church." Cool.
...that the more I work with Nathan and Steve and Kristy, the more I get excited about going to work each day.
...that I have to go make Shelby some brain food right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home