Friday, January 14, 2005

So today I'm thinking...

...about the stuff I have to clear up before the No Agenda (It's really a retreat with absolutely no agenda. All they have to do is hang out in nature with no TV's and such for two days) weekend for my student ministry.
...that my daughters are growing into amazing young ladies.
...that I need to mail the 'thank you' notes my family wrote for Christmas.
...that with the W-4 form, it's tax time again and I feel for how my wife has to struggle through that burden.
...that my wife is really good at photography and I don't have to say it because she's my wife.
...that I can't believe people actually respond to Instant Messages from people that start with things like "I know my dad told me not to talk to you, but I can't help myself. So, here's my website with new pictures."
...I really dig the NFL playoffs after really thinking that the whole world cared about college football as much as I did.
...that just thinking about Auburn's undefeated season can make me smile.
...that I need to make a "punch list" for stuff to get fixed up around the house.
...that I'm not good at fixing things, but I'm good at making lists and organizing and finding people who can fix things.
...that it still doesn't feel much like winter here in Big D despite the fact we had snow before Christmas (it's been up to 80 since then).
...that listening to sermons in the CD player while driving around is a much better way to spend my time than listening to the radio.
...that there's nothing inherently wrong with working for a suburban "megachurch" and there's no more inherent nobility in small-group "house churches"--despite what books and younger people say.
...we're only two weeks into the new year and I've already read three books and will probably have a fourth finished by this weekend.
...that I could do this all day but I gotta go get stuff done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home