Saturday, December 04, 2004

Strange 5AM Sounds

I know I'm blogging later than I normally do today...but I was awakened by a strange noise in my house. Well, it was a strange noise that was actually in a dream about being in my house:

A creaking door hinge.

So I got up and checked out the house. Everything was secure...but while I was laying in bed I listened to my house and heard some strange noises against the quiet.

The ticking of the clock.
The buzzer of the dryer.
The dropping of the ice into the ice container.
The birds hopping in the bird cage.
The dog's tag bumping against his collar.
The bed frame tapping the wall.
The breathing of my oldest daughter in her room.
The creak of the bed when my wife rolls over.
The tick and the gas flow before the heater kicks on.
The scrape of branches against the back fence.

And I can assure you that all of them are comforting compared to when you think somebody has caused your door hinges to creak.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home