Saturday, September 25, 2004

How Did It Go So South So Fast?

It was the end of a long day. 10 hours and a steady stream of people.
It's been the end of a long week. 58 hours of office time in 4 days.
There are more meetings and a warp speed Saturday full of a soup of family and pastoral commitments staring me in the face.

Kelsey had a baby-sitting gig. Tracy needed some alone time. So, I arranged a "date" with my youngest daughter, Shelby.

I got a delightful recounting of her day on the ride to the theatre.

She was in rare form (and she's funny pretty much all the time anyway) during the fast-food dinner at Burger King.

She wanted to see the movie "First Daughter" which turned out to be much better than I was prepared for...of course, my critique might be rendered invalid because I watched a movie involving a father-daughter storyline right after my own daughter lifted the armrest between us in our stadium-seating theatre and watched the entire movie with me as her headrest.

She listened to The Crystal Method with me on the way home. For those of you who are unenlightened, the music category in your local CD store you'd search for their fine work would be "electronica" or "techno dance." She deemed it "funky" but "likeable." I'll take it...her musical tastes span from Shania to Bach.

She was happy to listen to chapter 2 of book 4 of The Chronicles of Narnia. Yes, we're still reading it out loud together before bed a chapter at a time.

Then it all went south.

The Rangers, who apparently are striving to tease us with this pennant chase/race, lost to the last place team after winning three in a row to the first place team. We lost a game in the standings. Excruciating, these pennant races when you're not the leading team.

And then Burger King betrayed me. I won't go into detail, but if you'll notice the time stamp below, despite my early-riser tendencies, I don't usually get to blog strength this early. I'm sick as a dog.

I needed more than 3 hours of sleep. And I'm wide-awake. Suffice to say my heart rate was higher than it usually is at 3AM...right...no details.

Anyway, it's been a long day.

I've got a long day ahead.

A long week ahead.

I need more rest than I'm getting. My Burger King boycott begins now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home