Tuesday, June 22, 2004

My Day Off

For those of you that don't know, my day off is on Monday. My biggest problem is that it turns into a wasted day more often than not...my job might not be all that physically challenging (except in the case of last week, when I built houses in Juarez) but there is definitely a mental and emotional drain that makes it difficult to do much that's productive.

Yesterday was different, though. I woke up early and had coffee with Shelby (well, she had a strawberry slushie), and then with Kelsey. I replaced our Saturday morning get together because I usually have to rush it as I have some sort of work responsibility.

I came home and did some light yardwork for about an hour. I watched a sappy movie because we have the new subscription thing at Blockbuster and we can get as many movies as we want in bundles of two. The movie was called "Along Came Polly" and was not very funny or romantic, two distinct flaws in a romantic comedy.

Then I had lunch and a 20-minute catnap. Did some reading, but not too much.

I did have a pre-marital counseling session over dinner...and then I came home and threw softball with Kelsey and read with Shelby (this Chronicles of Narnia reading aloud is great, but it's seven books, so we're pretty committed at this point). Then Tracy and I hung out for a little bit.

On one hand, it wasn't all that productive. On the other, it seems like I got all the important things squeezed into it...except for the movie. I think I need to make better choices if that's the route I'm going to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home