Sunday, May 09, 2004

Mother-In-Law's Day

My Mother-In-Law...

...never said a word to me when her daughter stayed out all night under my watch and missed an early morning breakfast with her, even though we both knew what she was thinking.
...seemed pretty darn excited when I asked for their blessing in marrying their daughter, despite the fact that I was an unemployed seminary drop-out.
...always supported the lifestyle that comes with being a youth minister, even if it meant their daughter had to do without the latest fashions or home repairs.
...was understanding when me moved 662 miles away, even though her son-in-law was taking her daughter and granddaughters to Texas and going to school again.
...makes great spaghetti and a dessert of cherry cheesecake on my birthday.
...really understands the importance of family, and has let me drop right into hers, despite my penchant for naps and reading while I'm visiting.
...has the exact qualifications for being an excellent Grandma (she even saved the toys/games her two daughters had when they were young in anticipation) to my girls.

So, Frances, here's to you on Mother's Day. You've made sure that the last two words of "mother-in-law" aren't a bad thing, and really aren't even necessary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home