Sunday, May 09, 2004

Mother's Day

My Mom...

...went back to school & got her Master's degree to support two kids after becoming a widow/single parent at the age of 38.
...got me my first car at 16 (and truly surprised me), and then didn't pay for anything else. Arranged a job interview at the local country club so I could apply for a job to pay for the necessary gas and maintainence, too.
...paid for every nickel of my college education, which really amounted to a fraternity house bill and road trips at our football-factory state university (and never complained about doing it, either). If she cared about changing my major 7 times she never said anything other than, "As long as you get your degree..."
...let me leave the nest and be my own man with my own family (this might be the most amazing thing when you think about it).
...loves her grandkids, whether we lived 20 minutes away or 662 miles away.

So, here's to you, Charlotte the Scar (oh yeah, my mom has put up with 15 years of prison references regarding her to the teenagers in my youth group) on Mother's Day. You really are a great Mom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home