Thursday, May 13, 2004

A little of this and a little of that

Last night, I sat in a room of 34 teenagers. Mixed company. It's a tradition started three years ago and the girls get to ask the guys a question and then the guys reciprocate.

I'm beginning to see patterns in the questions they ask, too. Maybe it's because the questions they're asking are universal to teenage guys and girls. Maybe it's because they've talked to seniors from years past and know that certain questions get very interesting answers. What changes is the manner in which the answers are given...some teens are better than others at expression...

But what was cool was seeing the unity of my junior/senior guys Bible study (it didn't start that way earlier this year), seeing teenagers care about each other and their spiritual growth, seeing all the opinions listened to whether or not the opinions were agreed with, hearing just how wise some of this year's seniors are, seeing just how funny and witty some of them have become (and that Becca was there, and we KNOW she's funny)...I could go on. It went two hours. It could've gone two more.

The irony is people ask me all the time if I'm going to become a "real" pastor. Why in the world would I want to work with grownups when I get to go to work and see those things?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home