Monday, March 08, 2004

A Homeowner's Saturday

Saturday, I pruned some Crepe Myrtles in my backyard. They hadn't been pruned since we'd moved in 7 years ago. They were, in some cases 15 feet tall.

Pruned might not be the right word. I sliced the tops off them like they were broccoli. Now it looks as if there are six-foot broccoli stems standing in front of my fence.

I've gotten two opinions on this action. One is that I waited too late and now they will have to wait until next spring to bloom. The other is that, due to the extreme nature of my pruning/slicing, the blooming will be extreme and my yard will be exponentially littered with purple blooms. I'm not sure what to expect.

The other issue is now I have to take the broccoli tops down to the street today so the city will pick them up on "bulk day" tomorrow. I'm sure there's some sort of limit as to the amount of brush they will haul away, and I'm sure I'm over whatever that limit might be. However, they've broken their own rules before...

This might be the most "suburban-sounding" blog I've ever posted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home