Wednesday, March 03, 2004

Blue Like Jazz

In my "books i'm digging" section I've listed a Donald Miller book. It's the second book of his I've read and this one is loaded with quotes...almost on every page I've found something that got under my skin, or encouraged me, or gave me insight, etc. A couple of provocative sentences I ran across:

"The most difficult lie I have ever contended with is this: Life is a story about me...No rut in the mind is as deep as the one that says I am the world, the world belongs to me, all people are characters in my play. There is no addiction so powerful as self-addiction."

and

"There's not a lot of work in the Christian market if you won't write self-righteous, conservative propoganda. I write new-realism essays. I am not a commodity."

and

"I don't think any church has ever been relevant to culture, to the human struggle, unless it believed in Jesus and the power of His gospel. If the supposed new church believes in trendy music and cool Web pages, then it is not relevant to culture, either. It is just another tool of Satan to get people to be passionate about nothing."

So...whadya think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home