Tuesday, February 17, 2004

I'm Not Sure What To Make Of These Observations From The Last Three Days...

I sat in a parking lot yesterday waiting to pick up my child. I counted 25 SUV's/Minivans, 7 cars and two pick-up trucks. Just to be sure, I found similar ratios in the adjoining businesses parking lots.

In a 10 minute drive to the mall (including the parking lot), I counted 7 people talking on their mobile phone while driving.

Dallas has more houses of worship per capita than any other city in the U.S.

My college football team hired their fourth offensive coordinator in a four seasons.

It's hard finding a free blog template that a 10-year-old girl will like.

I can't think of any movie that has ever been the subject of more news interviews and print media coverage than the upcoming Mel Gibson movie "The Passion of Christ."

I don't know why, but when I'm tired, I try to fight through it to read good books...which only results in about 15 minutes of nodding off every two minutes until I just give up and go to bed.

This web site gets about 1300 hits a month...and some days can get 80 hits or so if you're lucky enough to get on the Blogger page "10 Most Recently Published Blogs."

I still can't figure out how some people truly regarding "file sharing" of music as anything other than piracy...and believe me, if I thought it was ethical, I'd be all over it.

Science fair projects have become high-level professional presentations with every kid having access to computer technology.

I rarely, if ever, remember my dreams and I've remembered each one the last three nights.

Snow days in places that usually don't get snow make the morale of the general public rise.

The folks at Disney are some of the most creative people on the planet. The Lion King 1 & 1/2 has some lines in it that are laugh-out-loud funny (a scene where Pumbaa & Timon are trying to come up with alternative phrases for "Hakuna Matata" because "it isn't catchy" is great, and Timon, after talking to Rafiki, says to Pumbaa, "Hey, check out the monkey gettin' all existential on us.").

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home