Sunday, February 15, 2004

I am...

...a disciple of Christ.

This means that I am in a constant state of transformation.
This means that I am on a never-ending adventure complete with risk and unknowns.
This means that I am part of a worldwide family.
This means that I am an alien in a strange land.
This means that I am urged to walk in purity and holiness, but my imperfections are here while I try.
This means that God has a plan for me that confounds human wisdom and often goes against the grain of what people refer to as "common sense."
This means that I am loved beyone comprehension.
This means that I am chosen and adopted.
This means that forever, and ever, and ever, and ever, I belong to Him and nothing (on my end or on God's end) can change that reality.
This means that I have the ability to live an abundant life if I choose to do so.

If I wasn't a disciple of Christ...

...that would mean that I should eat, drink and be merry for "tomorrow" I would die.

If Christ wasn't raised, then me and my tribe are to be pitied by the big broad spectrum of humanity.

If He did rise from the dead, and I remain convinced that He did in a literal and historical way, then the blade from the preceeding statement cuts both ways. Somebody should be pitied for a life poorly lived.

For some reason, as I sit here and type at this moment, I don't believe that the big broad spectrum of humanity is right. And it all feels so very black-and-white at the moment.

I am a disciple of Christ.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home