Wednesday, December 24, 2003

Figuratively Sitting On Santa's Lap

In my home, we still have one person who hears the bell ringing (vague Polar Express reference, but for those of you who know my family you understand the necessity of talking in code at the moment) hence we will make a mall trip today to visit Santa.

If I could get some serious time with St. Nick I'd tell him what I want what I really really want (did the Spice Girls song pop into your head when you read that?)...

It isn't much as I'm a content human on this terrestrial ball, but here goes:

*For my wife to truly feel like she's got the best husband in the world, and that she would have more confidence in her artistic talents.
*For my children to truly believe and know deep in the fleshy part of their heart that their dad loves them more than anything.
*The courage to come to the blank page and write the dang book.
*My credit-card balance at $0.

When I think about it, that's what I really, really want, Santa. And none of those should be that heavy to put in the bag and lug around, either. And, I'll leave some cookies and milk out, just in case.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home