Saturday, December 20, 2003

Progressive Dinner

Last night, the student ministry that I serve had their annual progressive dinner. You know, where you have appetizers at one home, soup & salad at another, and the main course at "banquet" location.

And, the get dressed up, too...girls in dresses and guys in at least a shirt & tie.

The college students from our church come back to serve (along with moms and dads) as waiters, cooks, kitchen help or drivers...all in all it's a fun time. Kinda old school, but a genuinely good time is had by all generations involved.

But, there was one reality that I noticed that I couldn't really get past: The senior girls involved in my ministry are stunning, both spiritually, intellectually and physically. Sure, I enjoy something about all my teens--no matter the age or gender--which is what makes my "job" fun...but these young women are the real deal. And that makes my job satisfying...just being a small part of their growth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home